Monday, January 3, 2011

Art Basel 3: Seven, Miami Independent Thinkers and Rainbow City

After watching a twenty something getting a tattoo at Hello Kitty World, we headed to Seven, a collection of art of seven galleries from New York and London. I enjoyed this collection very much, especially a picture that said:

"the same day they signed the divorce papers...
Photobucket
... a tornado hit the house"

Here are others from Seven
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket



I also loved the chalkboard were visitors wrote what artists are:
Photobucket

After Seven we went to Miami Independent Thinkers at Casa Wynwood. It was my overall favorite from Art Basel, very Miami.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

This was the piece I adored the most from everything I saw:
 “Dina & Paul" by Rainer Lagemann (stainless steel squares, welded, nickel plated)
Photobucket
And here is another one by the same artist
Photobucket

We ended our Art Basel tour on Sunday sitting for a while at Rainbow City, hand eating a nutella/strwberries crepe from Cazacrepes from some of the very in-style food trucks.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I apologize again for posting these pics a month after Art Basel but like I said, I was on finals, graduation and obvi, the holidays. Happy 2011 Miami.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment